One Thousand Scents

Friday, March 14, 2008

Out of Order

I, alas, have a cold, and while I could (I suppose) (in theory) jabber on about some scent or other based on memory alone, well, that's not really how I operate. I have to have a fragrance in my nose before I can really get up to speed. I was going to write about Lauder for Men, which is really good, but I can only smell it in scraps; it's like looking at a hand-drawn reproduction of a Turner landscape through a screen door.

Back next week, though, assuming nature takes its course. I once had a cold that lasted for five weeks (or maybe it was five different colds; the effect was the same). This one's on Day Six. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

  • Pyramus -

    How can I say that I was totally disappointed that you didn't post a review this morning without sounding horribly selfish and inhuman for not understanding that you are sick???....oh....I know - how about "Get Well Soon!!!! I look forward to Fridays because of your Blog!!!" (well, it STILL sounds a bit "selfish", but it's the best I can do with only one cup of coffee in my system and knowing that I have to wait another week)

    Seriously, take care of yourself,

    Marko

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 PM  

  • Good luck with your cold. You know the saying: treat a cold, and it lasts for seven days; leave it alone and it lasts for a week.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 PM  

  • Unless you're me, I suppose. I'm on day 8. It can't last forever, and my sense of smell is returning. (Today in the supermarket, a woman leaned past me into a cooler and the stench! She was wearing a huge amount of some awful perfume--something new and modern, not old-lady. Jim said she's probably on her way to church after her grocery shopping, and he's probably right.)

    By Blogger pyramus, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home