One Thousand Scents

Saturday, December 06, 2008

My Bad

It's been a long few weeks in the retail business, what with Christmas coming and customers being surlier and/or needier than ever before in my experience, and after posting last night, I was scrolling down through my blog (something I normally do on a regular basis to see if I'm missed anything important) and discovered to my horror that I had actually reviewed the same scent twice, once on November 7th and then again on the 28th, two (slightly) different reviews based on two different sets of starting notes. Did anyone else notice? And if so, why didn't you tell me?

Anyway, blogs are malleable things, impermanent in a way that the print medium isn't, so I've amalgamated the two reviews into the 28th's and replaced the original review of the 7th with an entirely new one that I was saving for next week, so you should scroll down and read that and consider it penance for my dimwittery (and maybe while you're at it read the new-and-improved Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme review), and let's hope I don't make this kind of stupid mistake again.

3 Comments:

  • I kept thinking it was *me* - every time I checked your blog, I would see the header for Gucci, and go away disappointed, thinking "no new post". Love the cat photo, by the way.
    -Existentialist

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 PM  

  • I love it! I can't tell you how many times I've almost done that myself. Or, since I co-write my blog with Brian, how many times I've nearly reviewed something he already did.
    We're all busy people - no worries and your cat is adorable! :-)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 12:00 PM  

  • It's not my cat, though it is enchanting. I was actually looking online for a picture of a dog with its paw over its eyes (yes, I know, such a cliché) and that was one of the first things that came up, and I thought, well, the cat looks properly abashed so it will do quite as well.

    I just can't believe that I reviewed the same thing twice. I actually forgot that I had written about it! This is what comes from not keeping a single set of notes: I jot things down wherever (on my iPod touch, my computer, scrap paper) and then compress them all into a single review, and I guess the written material got away from me this time.

    By Blogger pyramus, at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home