One Thousand Scents

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Whore's Breakfast

In case you were wondering, a whore's breakfast is coffee and a cigarette.

I don't smoke and I don't drink coffee, but this morning I was in the mood for a coffee scent, so I put on some Demeter Espresso. Big mistake! I forgot how extraordinarily dark and almost-burnt its coffee-bean smell is. So I grabbed the bottle of A*Men Pure Coffee that also happened to be sitting on my dresser and put on a quick spritz of that, and what do you know? Coffee magic! The Espresso amps up the Pure Coffee, which mutes the harshness of the Espresso, and the two together are more than the sum of their parts. Just something you might want to consider if you happen to have a bottle of each lying around.

3 Comments:

  • Hi,
    I came across you blog when I was trying to find out some information about scents. I'm looking for something super vanilla smelling (it's the note my husband likes--if I'm wearing for my own nose, I like Bulgari Green Tea or Joe Malone orange flower blossom).
    Vanilla scents I've tried that my husband likes include:
    Hanna Morae
    Just Cavelli
    Victor & Rolf Flower Bomb

    I do feel a bit weird wearing such girly perfumes (being in my mid-forties), but I figure that my biggest motive for wearing perfume is to be pleasing to other people and my husband is the person I'm happiest to please, so...

    If you can think of some other scents that are equally unsubtle in their vanillaness, I'd be most appreciative (I've tried some of the combo vanilla scents and they haven't been a hit).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Marty Bautista, at 7:00 PM  

  • Karen- Go with the Hanna Morae. It has worked wonders for my Gal and I (wink wink). Of course change things up depending on the situation or occasion but when the mood is right (or you would like it to be so...) Bring out the Hanna Morae. The vanilla base goes directly to the male libido whereas some of the other scents can actually work in the opposite direction.

    By Blogger Marty Bautista, at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home